I am a huge fan of BBC Sounds (available globally for free) and have taken to listening to a podcast when I’m out with Tilly.
Here’s 8 podcasts I’ve been listening to lately.
- The Coming Storm with Gabriel Gatehouse: QAnon and the plot to break reality – a journey into the dark undergrowth of modern America
- Americast: currently on hiatus, as presenters Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel have both left the BBC – an often funny but serious look at what is happening in US politics
- The Staircase: The Real Story: An investigation that pre-dates the current TV drama – did Michael Petersen murder his wife?
- Putin: Jonny Dymond (usually a reporter on royal stories for the BBC) tells of the extraordinary life of Vladimir Putin
- Ukrainecast: almost daily comment and reports on what is happening in Ukraine and to its population – compelling if sometimes distressing listening
- Fairy Meadow: the story of a British girl who disappeared from a beach in Australia in 1970 and the repercussions of that tragedy
- The People v J. Edgar Hoover: Emily Maitlis is back with this in-depth look at the grip the first director of the FBI had on America
- It’s … Wagatha Christie: a light-hearted look at the High Court case between Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy – take with a pinch of salt and the knowledge that your own life will never be exposed to such unwanted (or is it?) scrutiny