I am a huge fan of BBC Sounds (available globally for free) and have taken to listening to a podcast when I’m out with Tilly.
Here’s 8 podcasts I’ve been listening to lately.
- The Coming Storm with Gabriel Gatehouse: QAnon and the plot to break reality – a journey into the dark undergrowth of modern America
- Americast: currently on hiatus, as presenters Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel have both left the BBC – an often funny but serious look at what is happening in US politics
- The Staircase: The Real Story: An investigation that pre-dates the current TV drama – did Michael Petersen murder his wife?
- Putin: Jonny Dymond (usually a reporter on royal stories for the BBC) tells of the extraordinary life of Vladimir Putin
- Ukrainecast: almost daily comment and reports on what is happening in Ukraine and to its population – compelling if sometimes distressing listening
- Fairy Meadow: the story of a British girl who disappeared from a beach in Australia in 1970 and the repercussions of that tragedy
- The People v J. Edgar Hoover: Emily Maitlis is back with this in-depth look at the grip the first director of the FBI had on America
- It’s … Wagatha Christie: a light-hearted look at the High Court case between Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy – take with a pinch of salt and the knowledge that your own life will never be exposed to such unwanted (or is it?) scrutiny
5 thoughts on “Eight Podcasts Worth Listening To”
That’s quite a variety of listening. Since you had recommended Ukrianecast, I’ve been checking in weekly to listen. Sometimes very over whelming.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I realised it was quite an eclectic mix when I was writing up the post – BBC Sounds really does have something for everyone!
Lots of interesting listening here! I listened to The Staircase and am now watching the tv series. I knew that the Americast was being recommended while the last president was in office, do you think this is now just on hiatus in case he gets voted back in? 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think Americast is on hiatus because the presenters left the BBC – just think what they could be covering: gun control (again), the potential overturning of Roe v Wade, the continued influence of the 45th president, the current president falling off his bike …