As this post goes live this morning, The Brainy One and The Boy are on Day 5 of isolating at home.
The Brainy One and The Boy managed to bring back an unwanted guest from Jersey. After more than two years of avoiding the virus, both tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday. 😦 I had a negative test (and a second negative test on Monday evening).
So how have we managed things?
- The Brainy One and The Boy have spent their waking hours in our loft office. They have slept in their own beds, with the doors shut and the windows open (grateful that it’s not winter). I have slept in the spare room. They have worn masks to move between the loft and the bedrooms.
- Their meals have been delivered on a tray by me and left outside the door. I have a healthy step count just from the amount of time I spend going up and down three flights of stairs.
- I have delivered two flasks of coffee each morning – decaf for The Boy and full strength for The Brainy One.
- Both have had mild symptoms. The Brainy One has had mild cold-like symptoms. The Boy was initially asymptomatic but has since developed a slight cough.
- The Brainy One has spent his time doing a little work, reading, listening to Radio 4 and watching TV in the evenings.
- The Boy has spent his time reading and killing off thousands of brain cells by watching hours of dross on YouTube. 😦
- We will all test again this evening. If they are negative, then normal life will resume. If not, then they’ll be isolating for a few more days.
If you or anyone you live with has had Covid, how did you manage things at home?