It was a week of highs and lows, all told:
- I/we were able to see several friends and family members
- I spent a few hours tidying up in the front garden
- I was extremely emotional on Saturday*
- The Brainy One and I stayed up late to watch Emma win the US Open.
- The Boy and I returned to the cinema for the first time since February 2020 – we saw the superb Jennifer Hudson in the excellent Respect**
** The Boy wanted to see Respect, so I booked the first screening of the day – 10.30 am. Apart from one other couple, we were the only punters, which made for a perfect return to watching new-release films in the company of strangers.
Funny thing: the couple arrived after us, looked at their tickets and sat themselves down in the seats next-but-one to The Boy. I said, “You’ve got to be kidding me!” We moved across the aisle and they eventually moved lower down the rows into the VIP seating. 🙂