In our house the rule is, whenever stuck for ideas for supper, go Italian. 🙂
400g cheese tortellini
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin, bite size pieces
1/2 jar of pesto (depending on preference, you can add more or less)
Halved cherry tomatoes, as many as you like (I cooked mine in with the chicken)
Generous handful of chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste
For garnish: fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil (salted if desired). Cook tortellini according to package instructions. When cooked, drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Pour the cooked tortellini into a large bowl and add the cooked chicken pieces and tomatoes. Gently stir in the pesto, stirring until the tortellini, chicken and tomatoes are well coated with the pesto. Add the chopped basil.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.