I love London. I love living in the West London suburbs. I love living just 20 minutes away from the West End. The city’s history, its architecture, its people, I love all of it. And I’m not alone in that.
I hope you enjoy reading the following quotes about London and that they inspire you as much as they inspire me. The UK’s capital city is an amazing place, as everyone from bears to humans can tell you. 🙂
1. “In London, everyone is different, and that means anyone can fit in.”
– Paddington Bear, 20th-century friendly and polite bear from Peru. This London quote is from the book A Bear Called Paddington.
2. “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”
– Samuel Johnson, 18th-century English writer, poet, playwright, essayist, moralist, literary critic, biographer, editor, and lexicographer.
3. “A person who is tired of London is not necessarily tired of life; it might be that he just can’t find a parking place.”
– Paul Theroux, contemporary American travel writer and novelist. This London quote is from his book, Sunrise with Seamonsters.
4. “The streets of London have their map, but our passions are uncharted. What are you going to meet if you turn this corner?”
– Virginia Woolf, 20th-century English writer. This London quote is from her 1922 novel, Jacob’s Room.
5. “London’s greatest strength is our diversity.”
– Sadiq Khan, contemporary British politician and current Mayor of London.
6. “London is a bad habit one hates to lose.”
– William Sansom, 20th-century British novelist, travel, and short story writer.