Ingredients: (Serves 3)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Cherry tomatoes, as many you like, halved
Angel hair pasta (or whichever you prefer)
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
300 mls single cream (more if you like plenty of sauce)
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of Parmesan, grated
2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
2 handfuls baby spinach, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan. Line a baking tray with tin foil. Place the halved tomatoes and chicken breasts on the baking tray, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and generously salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the tomatoes are caramelised, with browned edges.
- While those cook, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet/frying pan over medium heat and cook the onions until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta and let it cook until al dente while you make the sauce.
- Add the garlic to the onion pan, cook for about 30 seconds, then add the cream, chicken broth, Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until it is smooth and thickened.
- Slice up the chicken breasts. Add the chicken, the roasted tomatoes, and the spinach to the sauce and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is slightly wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta and top with the basil, if desired.