As many tomatoes as you like (there is no such thing as too many tomatoes)
Two chicken breasts
Salt and peppper
1/2 onion, sliced into thin half-moons
Pasta of your choice (enough for as many people as you are feeding)
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup of apple juice
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil (or Italian Seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan
- Slice the tomatoes in half and then into quarters. Arrange in a single layer on a foil-lined baking tray. Place the chicken breast on the tray too, and drizzle everything with olive oil and then generously salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are beginning to turn brown around the edges. Set aside.
- While those roast, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-heat in a large frying pan, then add the onions and stir to coat. Cook until very soft and golden-brown (about 20 minutes), stirring frequently. Put them in a bowl and set aside.
- While the onions are caramelizing, bring water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- After you’ve taken your onions out of the frying pan, add the broth and apple juice, scraping the bottom of the pan to get any browned bits off. Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer, letting it cook for about 10 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil, cooking for 1 minute more.
- Shred the chicken, then add it, the tomatoes, the pasta and onions to the cream sauce and stir to coat well. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Tomato and Chicken Pasta with Caramelized Onions”
Oh yum. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re very welcome. 🙂