Enforced weeks at home have pushed me into expanding the number of dishes I can prepare easily and have everyone eat; I found this recipe through The Everygirl blog and it’s simple to prepare, delicious to eat.
- 4 medium chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) – I cut mine into 1″ strips
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp EACH crushed red pepper, salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- Asparagus, as much or as little as you like (trimmed and cut into 3)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, crushed chilli pepper, salt & pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from frying pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onion, and asparagus to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Add the garlic and cook for just under a minute.
- Add double cream, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese; stir to combine. Return chicken to the pan and simmer 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust salt & pepper if needed. If the sauce is too thick, add 1/4 cup water, or chicken stock.
Serve with rice and crusty bread.