The 1st June saw the start of this summer’s photography Scavenger Hunt.
It’s run by Rinda and anyone can take part.
Here’s the list for 2014:
1. A sign welcoming people to your hometown (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of postcards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A waterfall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp.
Alternative B: A bird house.
I’m off and running with:
#10: photo bomb:
A reflective The Brainy One getting in on the shot of our Scandinavian friends at dinner on Sunday evening.
#2: garden gnome:
Spotted on a shelf in PoundLand this morning.
Are you joining in?
There are a number of different ways to show off your photographic finds.
Kathryn Trotter has set up a facebook page called Summertime Picture Scavenger Hunt 2014. It’s an open page, and anyone is welcome to join. Similarly, feel free to use #rindas2014photohunt on instagram. You can follow Rinda on instagram @rinda1961.