It was one of those afternoons. I didn’t leave the house with the intention of buying new shoes for DS. We left the house because DS had an appointment to have his hair cut.
Here’s what happened:
- Catch bus to shopping centre ~ check.
- Call in at bank for cash to pay for aforementioned haircut ~ check. Card refused. Call bank’s central office on courtesy phone. Answer security questions twice. No reason for stoppage, account reset. Get cash.
- Go to hairdressers ~ check. Now late for haircut by a few minutes. Hairdresser not there, as called to an emergency concerning his son. Three ladies there, twiddling their thumbs, but none available to cut DS’s hair. Leave salon in a huff.
- Call in at kitchen shop for cake gift boxes ~ check. None to be had; want them for teacher gifts next week.
- Go to Starbucks. Order cake. Vanilla latte arrives minus vanilla. DS gets a biscuit as a reward for not playing up in either bank or hairdressers.
- Call in at shoe shop, just because we’re passing. Boys’ shoes in sale. DS’s feet have grown almost half a size. His new size available in the sale.
Catch bus home ~ check. Bus stops on main road for 10 minutes while we wait for idiot UPS man to come back and move his van.
DS allowed to choose a film once we are home; he chooses Toy Story and is very happy. I am in need of a stiff drink!
This post fulfills prompt 7 of Blogging For Scrapbookers ~ tell the whole story.